Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bronson

My first taste of Nicholas Winding Refn - VALHALLA RISING. I then saved BRONSON on my netflix queue for far too long.  I saw DRIVE in the theater and left feeling refreshed and hopeful about filmmaking on a larger, commercial level - even though the marketing was poor and uninteresting. Let's just say I have a mad respect for Mr. Refn and his Danish brain.


I am happy to say that I finally watched BRONSON - and it is everything I didn't expect. Tom Hardy is fabulous. He is bold, engaging, and - as an actor - defines pure risk and committment. If you want to see something raw, something creative, something with acting - then watch BRONSON. Instant Queue. And then look up Mr. Refn.  Add him to the list of directors I must work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment